arla Debian package

Adrian Bridgett adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Sat Oct 28 23:02:44 CEST 2000

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 19:26:31 +0200 (+0000), Love wrote:
> Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett at iname.com> writes:
>
> > > Wait, why do you need to combine them?  I thought you just said that
> > > nothing needs both sets.
> >
> > The userland stuff doesn't appear to need the kernel stuff but the kernel
> > stuff does seem some of the userland stuff.  It's just that it doesn't need
> > to be decided at kernel modules compile time AFAIK.
>
> I think only things like xfs/linux/bin need userland stuff. Or have we
> included other things ?

Yep - AFAICT you are correct.  It may be as little as KERNEL_CC in fact that
I was missing.  Still, there is time for cleanup later - a working debian
package is better than no package :)

> You can't just build the new configure file in xfs/ ?

Yep - "pwd=`pwd` && cd $MODSRC && autoconf -l $pwd"  (where MODSRC is where
I'm building the arla-modules-source package).

Murphy's rule of packaging:
   Just when you (are about to) release a package, a new version is released

Unfortunately my ISP is playing up and whenever I try and upload the
.diff.gz it disconnects me :(  I may have to do this from work on monday.

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org