arla Debian package

Adrian Bridgett adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Sat Oct 28 13:27:02 CEST 2000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 00:24:30 -0400 (+0000), Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> <adrian.bridgett at iname.com> (Adrian Bridgett) writes:
>
> > There is now just one snag and as a complete autoconf newbie it's "plea for
> > help" time.    I now have two config.status files and two config.h files -
> > in each case the big one comes from when I build the arla-utils package and
> > the smaller one comes from the configure run from teh arla-modules-source
> > package when you build kernel module.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to combine the two correctly?  Hacks etc are most welcome :)
>
> Wait, why do you need to combine them?  I thought you just said that
> nothing needs both sets.

The userland stuff doesn't appear to need the kernel stuff but the kernel
stuff does seem some of the userland stuff.  It's just that it doesn't need
to be decided at kernel modules compile time AFAIK.

> Anyway, you can make a configure script generate a config header named
> something other than config.h by putting the line
>
> AC_CONFIG_HEADER(foo.h)
>
> right after AC_INIT in configure.in.  There doesn't seem to be a way
> to use an alternate name for config.status, though.

That's not really what I need.  What I'll probably do is contatenate the two
files together.  This seems to be working (but for config.status I need to
remove the middle bit where there is some repitition.

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org