arla Debian package

Adrian Bridgett adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Thu Oct 26 23:01:46 CEST 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 17:40:01 +0100 (+0000), bridgett wrote:
>   b) it's going to be a bit of a pain to get it working with any kernel
[snip]
> The problem is all the darn "#ifndef KERNEL_HAS_FOOBAR" bits.   There are
> two solutions to this I think:
>
> a) fix those bits to things so that they are for actual kernel versions
> b) include a cut down configure script that only looks for the kernel bits

Okay - good news and a plea for help :)

I've done b).  Basically I'll rip the bit below "Linux devfs check" and also
the smp check from configure.in and dump it into a mini configure.in for the
arla-module-source package.

This works really quite well - in fact removing it from the main configure
didn't break a single thing - hopefully that means there is no dependence of
the userland tools on kernel headers - in that case mucho kudos to all you
arla developers!

There is now just one snag and as a complete autoconf newbie it's "plea for
help" time.    I now have two config.status files and two config.h files -
in each case the big one comes from when I build the arla-utils package and
the smaller one comes from the configure run from teh arla-modules-source
package when you build kernel module.

Any ideas on how to combine the two correctly?  Hacks etc are most welcome :)

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org