arla Debian package

Falk Hueffner falk.hueffner at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Oct 24 23:19:42 CEST 2000

Hi,

since the arla package in Debian is currently in an unusable state, I
considered doing my own. I have some questions for this:

The major difficulty is the xfs kernel module. Is it really needed to
build xfs.o for each kernel version? If so, I would likely create a
seperate package for it. It seems I also need some hack to build both
UP and SMP xfs.o's and detect in init.d if we have SMP, right?

What are the header files (like fs.h etc.) and the static libraries
(like libarlalib.a) which get installed for? Are there any projects
that use them?

Why is arlad not in sbin?

What does -z do to arlad? Should I pass it by default?

	Falk