mmap on solaris

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Oct 17 23:18:38 CEST 2000

Leif Johansson <leifj at it.su.se> writes:

> solaris/xfs_dev.c sais "nodev" in what appears to be the mmap
> slot. This means that mmap does not work on solaris right? If
> so, when will mmap be supported in solaris?

I think you look that the `xfs_cb_ops' struct, and that is the support for
the /dev/xfsN device. And no, we don't support mmap()ing the device.

I think you should look at the `xfs_vnodeops' struct where we have a
xfs_map filled in the mmap slot. Several of our regression tests uses mmap
(since that is common thing to break). I haven't noted that they failed on
Solaris 7 or Solaris 8 so I believe mmap works.