Installing Arla

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Nov 29 23:25:33 CET 2000

"Mahir Aydin" <maydin at us.ibm.com> writes:

> When I try startarla, it says nothing, and does not give me a command line
> prompt either.  Assuming that is how it is supposed to be, when I try klog,
> the same thing happens and I cannot do anything.  My ThisCell and
> CellServDB files are correct and I can ping the servers.  What is the
> problem????

arlad -t (or arla-cli as will be named in 0.35) should work.

When you starta arlad (in testmode or not) can you make sure you pass it
the extra flags `` -n -z --debug=all'' (don't fork, ignore cache, verbose
debugging) and send us the output (Mitch, can you do that too so we can
find out why test-mode doesn't work for you ?)

Can you also try to run the test program in lwp that is built in the
objectdirectory (testlwp, _not_ testprocess).

I dunno how well the lwp-emulation-on-pthreads works, we have had problems
with it on Darwin (that's the reson you should use -n). At least it work
well enught to fool us that it was working and when loaded crash-and-burn
with strange errors that just went awaywhen we used the native-lwp version.

You don't have any S/390 (and z :) assembler literate people around you
that can help you create savecontext/returnto ?