Installing Arla

Mahir Aydin maydin at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 29 16:17:59 CET 2000

Hi again after a longish break.
I am trying to install arla 0.34.6 into my redhat linux 6.2 (2.2.14-5)
system
After doing a standard gnome workstation install (choosing packages
individually takes too much time :)) I uninstalled everything that had krb5
in their name along with some applications that depended on it such as
fetchmail, cvs, etc...
Then I got the arla and the kth-krb sources from the web-site (last week)
and installed arla and kth-krb
they are both standard installs, except I configured arla with pthreads
But I can't get it to work....
I know the AFS cell and the servers and added them to CellServDB and
ThisCell files.
But when I run arlad -tz it says error getting ticket file (tf_util) and
cannot connect to any servers
I can ping those afs servers so it's not a connection problem.
Can you tell me how to configure kerberos and how arla and kerberos are
related?
thanks.