AFSDB lookups w/ djb's dnscache

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Nov 12 23:27:37 CET 2000

Nickolai Zeldovich <kolya at mit.edu> writes:

> Since djb's dnscache is very conservative in what it returns to
> the client, arla's AFSDB support doesn't work quite right with
> it, because no A records are sent in 'additional information'
> at all. The patch below tries to fix this problem.

I've rewritten this part in head. The new code take care of the this and
use the ttl that we get with all rr's so that the cell cache information
that is fetched from DNS is refetch whenever the the rr expires.

Can you try it out from the cvs-tree ?

> and rm'ing the cache allows another successful test mode run.
> I'm not at all familiar with the code, so I'm not sure what
> additional information I could provide.

I though I had fixed this problem now several times by disabling the code
that causes this error. Please use -z to arlad then starting it, that
avoids the problem.