Experimenting with milko: Can't "vos createentry"

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue May 23 02:45:46 CEST 2000

Karl Kleinpaste <karl at charcoal.com> writes:

> Then I have been attempting to get the "vos" initialization to work:
>
> # vos createentry -id root.afs -host localhost -fsserver localhost -part /vicepa -rw 3
> Can't get a ticket for realm CHARCOAL.COM: Principal unknown (kerberos)
> vos_createentry: error VL - No permission access. (363546)
>
> After staring at e.g. /var/log/kerberos awhile, I realized that it
> seems to want a principal named just "afs".  This is not mentioned in
> milko/README anywhere.  So I created that, too, and tried again:

Point 2 decribes how the principal afs at REALM gets created.

> # vos createentry -id root.afs -host localhost -fsserver localhost -part /vicepa -rw 3
> vos_createentry: error rxkad - Unknown key. (19270408)
>
> A key exchange error?  I'm sorry to say that I'm fairly lost right
> now, as to exactly what is intended and what's going wrong; it doesn't
> help that I'm generally very new to AFS administration matters.  Can
> anyone offer a clue or two?

If you failed to create the afs principal in step 2, you'll make the
afs at REALM in /usr/arla/etc/srvtab get out of sync with the afs at REALM i the
kerberos server if you add a new one.

   ksrvutil -f /usr/arla/etc/srvtab list
   klist -v | grep afs

should give the same version number for the afskey. If not, that is the
error then.