Trouble with system hangups / uninstall

Christian Ospelkaus christian at core-coutainville.org
Thu May 11 10:23:16 CEST 2000

Hi,

I have little problem with arla. I played around with it a bit
(downloaded, compiled and installed krb4-1.0.1 and arla-0.32) and played
a bit with it. However, since I installed it, I experience severe system
hangups ~ once per day (No ping possible, mouse does not move, no entry
in /var/log/messages). Removing krb with make uninstall was ok, but make
uninstall for arla did not work, so I removed /usr/arla and /usr/athena.
I also replaced /etc/services by a backup copy, but the strange hangups
still occur. Is it possible that I must remove some other files? Are
some system binaries replaced by the install process? (I am using SuSE
6.3 and linux-2.2.15). This problem is not neccessarily related to arla;
I just want to be sure...

Thanks,

Christian

christian at core-coutainville.org