Some problems with arla

Christoph Wissing wissing at mail.desy.de
Fri Mar 24 20:53:13 CET 2000

Dear arla-drinkers,

I am new to arla and just a user being far away from developer.

There are a few points which I would like to address to real experts.

1.) Access other suites
When I get arla running I cannot access other AFS domains. Only the files
that are hosted on desy.de are visible. All machines that I am using are
sitting behind a fire wall. Could this influence this point?

2.) Arla stops with an assertion-error
After upgarding to arla-0.3x I cannot start the arlad in normal mode:
arlad: fcache.c:862: unlink_lru_entry: Assertion `!listemptyp (lrulist)'
failed.

Just commenting out two assert() leads to a segmentation fault.

Some additional information:
I build arla with athena-kerberos version 1.0. At least Assar (I assume
you also on this list, since you name appears frequently in the
ChangesLog) knows that I am working a little bit with LinuxPPC. Just to
exclude that this a PPC specific problem I checked the same behaviour on
an Intel box. All boxes run Kernel 2.2.14

3.) Arla on NetBSD m68k
Yeah, you see I like very special OSs. While athena compiled smoothly one
my Amiga(!) the xfs part of arla cause some trouble. Since this is just
for I won't go into details but is there someone who has arla running on
m68k NetBSD system.

Thank you in advance & have a nice weekend

Cheers,

	Christoph