krb problems

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Mar 19 13:24:11 CET 2000

I try to connect to afs cells in cern.ch ,desy.de and rhic.bnl.gov in the
same time from the same computer.
Until now I was able to connect only to cern.ch ( that means to give to my
users r/w permissions on their afs files).
I used /usr/athena/bin/kauth and afslog ( from arla-0.30 and krb4-1.0) for
each user and the only realm that gave us authentiocation was cern.ch.
I understood from Owen LeBlanc that krb is senzitive to sysnc clock from
both computer (source and destination) and is better to install and use
ntp.
I did it and now I have on my linux ntp-4.0.99g.
I downloaded from www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp an ntp.conf file.
Now the result is that doesn't matter where I try to connect I get all the
time

kauth:Service expired(kerberos).

What shall I do ?

Thank you for help

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102