Talking about tokens.

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Mar 16 13:05:52 CET 2000

Per Boussard <Per.Boussard at era-t.ericsson.se> writes:

> I would like the klist -T and tokens commands to present the AFS ID as
> user.instance at realm. This information is obviously there somewhere (in the
> runing arlad) since otherwise it could not produce an authenticator to
> send to the afs server (I am way out on thin ice here).

Its part of the klog program. The token and the AFS ID that
klog/kauth/afslog stores in the kernel is opaque to arlad, and we don't
care about it.

> Is this a good idea, or are there strong arguments against? We would not
> by default behave the same (in my opinion broken) way as transarcs tokens,
> but is that important?

To do the call to the pts server you need rx, do do the kerberos stuff you
need the kerberos. Then you can't do it the kerberos stuff kauth/afslog
since there is no rx included in kth-krb/heimdal.

If you want right AFS ID, use klog.