getting tokens for a remote cell

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 16 12:03:51 CET 2000

I wrote that 'klog user at remote.cell' gives:

     klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Principal expired (kerberos)

and 'kinit user at remote.cell' gives:

     kinit: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

and 'kauth at remote.cell' fails with:

     kauth: Principal expired (kerberos)

Derrick J Brashear <shadow at dementia.org> wrote:
> Is their kaserver 3.3 (not 3.3a) based? I'd have to look, but if so I'd
> guessthis is trying to get afs.cell.name at REALM.NAME and losing because
> of an incorrect error which was returned by the kaserver in 3.3.

The only remote site I have a user name on is transarc.com, and I
suspect they are not using the 3.3 kaserver any more.

Willi.Langenberger at wu-wien.ac.at wrote:
> I also came across this problem. However, in my case it was a wrong
> setting of the environment variable "KRBTKFILE".

This has led to other discoveries, but it doesn't help me.  I get
the problems whether KRBTKFILE is set or not.

Christopher Allen Wing <wingc at engin.umich.edu> (I think) wrote:
> Note that klog doesn't save the ticket file. If you want to keep it
> when using klog you should use ``klog -tmp''.

This doesn't help me either.  'klog -tmp' has the same error
message as klog alone.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk