XFS SoftAssert when doing hard links in AFS?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sat Mar 11 09:30:07 CET 2000

Christopher Allen Wing <wingc at engin.umich.edu> writes:

> Maybe it's not related to the hard links directly, but to the actual
> mailbox write itself. The mailbox is about 2 megabytes and gets written to
> and then flushed to AFS immediately after the sillylocking.

Its a bug that is releated to the name handling (dcache).

If you look in the psuedo code in xfs/linux/xfs_inodeops.c:xfs_installnode
you see how we install the name. The problem we have is that someware we
forget to remove the name, and then when its inserted again there this
SoftAssert complaining. Note that Unique has changed. Its a new file.

> p.s what is the plan to fix libroken? are you planning to just toss in the
> roken from kth-krb and clean it up from there?

To main problem isn't roken by itself, its getarg. I'm sorry we cause you
pain for a no working klog. Are log patches working for all other programs
too (like vos/fs/pts) ?