XFS_SHARED_LIBS

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Tue Mar 7 23:37:21 CET 2000

Dave Morrison <dave at bnl.gov> writes:
> > And the next question is if libgetcwd.so is still needed?
>
> It doesn't seem to be needed.  It was an early glibc issue, right?  At
> any rate, `pwd' in an AFS directory seems to work fine on my RH6.1 box,
> and I remember clearly how it used to fail on a vanilla RH5.2 system
> (though it worked OK if one installed libgetcwd.so).

It seems to have been required with libc4, libc5, or glibc2.0.  But
that might also have changed since we generate inode-numbers
differently now.  On the systems that I've access to it's not needed
on any of these, but there might be some other distribution which
shipped a sufficiently old (g)libc with a 2.[12] kernel?

But once we have verified that it's not actually needed any more I
won't have any problems with deleting it.

/assar