multi xfs support

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Tue Mar 7 22:28:30 CET 2000

Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:
> Marek Kowal <tomcat at fatcat.desy.de> writes:
>
> > 1. How can I support two different daemons in one system? At my site we
> > are heavily using AFS (arla, of course!) and therefore I would love to
> > have possibility to use two daemons at the same time:
> > - first, arlad, listening on /dev/xfs0 and responding to access to /afs
> > - second, robotd, listening on /dev/xfs1 and responding to access to
> > /robot
>
> There should be no problems in the architecture doing this. But its depends
> on the xfs-implementation if its done right.

This has been working for some time on *BSD, solaris, and some other.
The problems that Love alludes to with the Linux xfs has been fixed as
of a few days ago.  The only minor thing is that you have to use the
`mount_xfs' binary and not ordinary mount on Linux.  On what platforms
have you been trying to do this?  If linux, please fetch the current
source from CVS.

/assar