arla on linux >= 2.3.99?

Paul Grayson pdg at mit.edu
Wed Jun 28 16:47:49 CEST 2000

Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:
> It passes ``run-tests -all -fast'' on 2.4.0-test2. Haven't run the whole
> test-suite yet.

Oops, I blinked and missed a kernel revision.  Sorry about that.  It
compiles perfectly now, but is very unstable.  A `run-tests -all
-fast` hung several times on mkdir-lnk, leaving my system in a state
where most programs could not be started (they would hang, as well).
However, when I tried to look at the problem more closely, mkdir-lnk
seemed to run fine, and in fact all the fast tests past...I can
definitely read/write/execute just fine, most of the time!

Sometimes (every hour or so), while doing anything while AFS is
mounted, or due to some specific action, I'll hear a large amount of
disk activity (caching?), and the system will slowly freeze.

I didn't have any weird crashes before this, so, either arla or
2.4.0-test2 is being unstable.  Do you have suggestions for tracking
this down?

Thanks,
-Paul