stripping xfs.o module stops it working on Linux

Adrian Bridgett adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Fri Jun 16 16:55:39 CEST 2000

even when I use things like strip --unneeded.

The module will still load just fine, however arlad complains that the
kernel doesn't support xfs.

That much is true - /proc/filesystems doens't list xfs if you insert a
stripped module.  Inserting an unstripped module works fine for both arlad
and /proc/filesystems.

please Cc me as I'm not subscribed.

PS: I'll be releasing some updated Debian packages RSN - I just want to
double check how to get the Transarc authentication working.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett at iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org