More problems

maydin@us.ibm.com maydin at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 27 15:20:59 CEST 2000

I finally found the online version of the book I have.  The book is called
ESA/390 Principles of Operation.  The website that contains the entire book
is at:
http://www.s390.ibm.com/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.exe/BOOKS/DZ9AR006/CCONTENTS
The book is rather long, about 1000 pages.

1.  I have a few questions about the code I have received.  First, I looked
at the include statements.  The types.h file in the linux/390 is located at
/usr/include/sys/types.h along with many other places such as
/usr/include/linux/types.h, /usr/include/asm/types.h, etc.  Will just
/sys/types.h be enough or will I have to specify the full path?
2.  atypes.h is not in any of the /usr/include directories, but there is
one at usr/arla/include/.  Will I have to enter the full path or will just
atypes.h be enough?
3.   When you say the program should be compiled with the same flags arla
is compiled with, do you mean something like:
gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../include -I. -g  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs
  foo.c?
I noticed that c files are compiled like that when I ran the make, but I
did not check if ALL c files that came with arla had the same options.  So,
 is this a correct way of compiling?
I know that I will need to make an output file that I can execute, so I
will need the -o option somewhere.  But otherwise, is this correct?

Thank you all for your interest and help.
Mahir Aydin

Sent by:  lha at e.kth.se