who is the bos?

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Mon Jul 17 23:28:47 CEST 2000

milko/bos/bosserver does not set mtype->path in read_config_file which
means that I either misread the source and wrote my bos.conf all wrong
or a state- ment much like the following is missing:

s->path =
            estrdup (kconf_config_get_string_default (context, c,
                                                      name,
                                                      name,
                                                      "path",
                                                      NULL));

I set up a small cell and ran the tests. Only managed to crash the
server a couple of times. Once it dumped core on what seemed like a
memory allocation bug (SIGSEV on free) and once in lib/ropa/ropa.c in
clients_hash_ip which suggests that it tried to hash a bad or NULL
ropa_addr. I will try to reproduce and send more info unless you guys
have already fixed this in the cvs tree.

Also you should probably say something in the milko/README about how
to setup your first cell -- unless you have a cell in place when you
start arla, arlad won't start (since there is no root.afs) and your
afslog doesn't take which means that you can't get on with setting up
your cell... Starting arlad with --dynroot took care of that problem
for me.

        MVH leifj