arla-0.33 wedges NetBSD-1.4.1 machines

Dr. Lex Wennmacher wennmach at geo.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri Jul 14 10:04:17 CEST 2000

On Jul 14,  9:52am, Love wrote:

> > The machine wedged around 17:23 and was rebooted 17:28. The log starts
> > with the first messages from arlad. I hope you can see something from the
> > system log, it's kind of longish.
>
> The log seems incomplete, there is some missing entries. When your computer
> hangs, do you have any chance break into ddb or generating a crash dump ?

What entries are missing and when?

O.k., here's what I'm gonna do:
1) Disable newsyslog so that /var/log/messages remains intact for long times
2) Enable DDB, DDB under X11 (hope that PF12 taking me to DDB works...)
3) Provoque a wedge and then take a crash dump

Stay tuned...

Cheers
Lex