arlad

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Wed Jan 26 09:02:47 CET 2000

I installed arla on my linux.
The "ThisCell" file from /usr/arla/etc  is "cer.ch"
and the "CellServDB" contains:

>cern.ch
132.138.129.16		#afs11.cern.ch
132.138.129.144		#afs3.cern.ch
132.138.129.147		#afs1.cern.ch

On my linux I created an user-ID that has also the same user-ID on cern.ch
and I use his password from cern.
I initialized a kerberos ticket on my linux for this user and I tried to
run under his ID arlad -t.
What I get instead of /afs mount points is:

arlad:getting ticket for cern.ch:Can't get inter-realm ticket granting
(get_ad_tkt)
arlad:open 00/01:Permission denied.

I understood that running arlad under a user-ID with a Cell formed by
computers running afs will mount automaticaly under /afs his directories.
So , what I'm doing wrong or what shall I do next ?

Thank you

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102