0.30 on Linux/AXP

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Jan 19 05:11:30 CET 2000

Todd Cohen <cohentl at clarkson.edu> writes:

> Hey guys,
> 	I just installed arla on Linux/AXP(kernel 2.2.14) for the first
> time(I used the just released 0.30) and I get the following.
>
> [root at lizard bin]# ./arlad -t
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I did this after running startarla and finding /afs empty.
>
> The only option I passed to the configure script was --prefix.
>
> So I guess I have a few questions...
>
> 1) Does arla work on Linux on the Alpha platform?

It used to work. We have reorganized the way we build LWP (the threading
package) and it have only been tested on i386 and sparc. That might have
something to do with it. Try ``arlad -t --debug=all'' and send us the
output.

You might also try do look at the output from dmesg if you see any
interesting entries. If not, good. Now turn on xfs debugging by after
have lots of entries in some of your syslog files (usully
/var/log/messages).

> 2) If so, do I need any special flags to configure?

Configure should figure it all out.

> 3) If not, how do I go about helping find the problem? strace? gdb?

Try first the --debug=all too se where it ends up. A backtrace in gdb would
be good too.

Enter the commands for gdb:

	gdb arlad
	run -z -n --debug=alm