group of created file

Dave Morrison dave at bnl.gov
Tue Feb 22 20:43:35 CET 2000

Hi all,

I'm using the HEAD revision of arla from the repo on a linux (kernel
2.2.14) client, Transarc AFS server running on AIX.  If I create a file
in an AFS directory using a Transarc client, the group of the file is
set to my primary group.  If I repeat this using arla, the group is set
to `root'.  In both cases I'm authenticated, and as far as I can tell
I'm following the exact same procedure with both clients.  Has anyone
else seen this?  Is this known and/or expected behavior?

Cheers,
Dave
--
David Morrison  Brookhaven National Laboratory  phone: 631-344-5840
                Physics Department, Bldg 510 C    fax: 631-344-3253
		          Upton, NY 11973-5000  email: dave at bnl.gov