arla 0.30 loses track of pwd

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Feb 15 10:04:33 CET 2000

sperber at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

> I think this was also present in earlier versions.  arla-20000204 has
> it, too.  This is on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.
>
> The symptom, in a nutshell, is this:
>
> reunion# pwd
> pwd: .: No such file or directory
>
> earla doesn't crash, and continues to work after a "cd $PWD".

Sounds like a known bug there we lost a parent volumentry from the cache,
and since the volumentry contains a pointer from where .. came from you
couldn't do getcwd().

Assar fixed that last night (at least it works for our testcases) so I
baked a new snapshot arla-20000215.tar.gz. Please try it out.

(There is still no linux 2.3.40+ support in the snapshot, they have made
some large vm changes that we have to catch up with)