arla 0.30 loses track of pwd

Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] sperber at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De
Tue Feb 15 09:45:03 CET 2000

[ Removed large logs, please put them on a ftp or website
  instead of mailing them. Thanks, Love ]

I think this was also present in earlier versions.  arla-20000204 has
it, too.  This is on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.

The symptom, in a nutshell, is this:

reunion# pwd
pwd: .: No such file or directory

earla doesn't crash, and continues to work after a "cd $PWD".

Here's an excerpt from arladebug almost-all.  It's reproducible (even
though it takes a while), so I can provide more info if necessary.

Cheers =8-} Mike