arla

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Feb 6 14:27:42 CET 2000

Hello

I thought that mybe my linux is not too good , so I tried to install arla
on one of PC's-farm linux.
First I got the message that xfs.o is not compiled for smp , so I
configured once again the Makefiles with option --enable-smp.
Nothing happened and at the end I forced in configure script , in the
paragrph where  check wheter --enable-smp , the smp variable to be
"-D__SMP__".
Running configure I get that smp is enabled and I make the installation.
Indeed the size of xfs.o is different now.
Following the instruction I run :

insmod /usr/arla/bin/xfs.o and I get

/usr/arla/bin/xfs.o:kernel-module version mismatch
/usr/arla/bin/xfs.o was compiled for kernel version 2.2.5-15 while this
kernel is version 2.2.5-15smp.
It looks to me starnge that , even though I gave the optin smp the xfs.o
ignored it.
How can I fix it ?

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102