Arla Compiling problem that I can't seem to fix

Mahir Aydin maydin at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 11 21:30:58 CET 2000

Hello,
I am trying to compile arla on kerberos 5-1.2.1 and krbafs 0.9.8.  I hit
this following error, and I have tried everything that's within my limited
knowledge to no effect:
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/mahir/arla-0.34.6/lib/ko'
gcc -o kotest kotest.o -L. -lko -L../../util -lutil -L../roken -lroken
-L/usr/lo
cal/lib  -lresolv
./libko.a(kocell.o): In function `cell_getcellbyhost':
/root/mahir/arla-0.34.6/lib/ko/kocell.c:565: undefined reference to
`krb_realmof
host'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [kotest] Error 1

Since you guys wrote this program, I assume you would know what the code
contains better than I do.  I checked my /usr/local/lib and /usr/arla/lib
and when I do grep krb_getrealmofhost *.*, I get Binary file libkrb4.a
matches and Binary file libkrbafs.a matches in /usr/local/lib.  In
usr/arla/lib, when I do the same thing,
I get Binary file libarlalib.a matches and Binary file libko.a matches.  So
obviously the function is there.  But then, why am I getting this linker
error?
I have been struggling with this for a long time and would gladly
appreciate your help.  Thank you very much