Simple problem

Mahir Aydin maydin at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 5 17:54:24 CET 2000

I identified the problem of not being able to connect to databases, after
talking to some tech support people, that our AFS server uses kerberos 5
and is not compatible with V4 clients.  Then, I proceeded to download
krb5-1.2.1 and krbafs 0.9.8.  Kerberos 5 compiled fine and installed.  But
when I tried to make krbafs, It looks for a file named krb.h which it
cannot find.  This is obvious, since I only have krb5.h.  Examining the
code, I saw that it only looks for that file if KRB4 is defined.  Since
there is no documentation and configure --help did not help me, do you know
how I can configure krbafs so that it does not look for kerberos 4?