CellServDB/Club and others

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Aug 30 18:46:03 CEST 2000

Geoffrey Alan Washburn <gw2 at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> 	The CMU Computer Club has had some users reporting problems because
>   unbeknownst to them, the CellServDB distributed with the latest version
>   of Arla lists our old AFS servers.  Consequently, I figured I would
>   submit a patch to update it.

It was updated when the annoucement was on info-afs. We haven't made a
release since.

>   At the same time, I noticed that the included CellServDB is mostly out
>   of sync with /afs/transarc.com/service/CellServDB, so I added created a
>   second patch to update other sites (though I won't vouch for the
>   correctness of their information).

Yeah, we need to update it, and make sure it correct. I'm on the run so I
can't it this week.

>   In the long run though, it might be best to work out a scheme to
>   auto-magically update when preparing releases, though there are
>   numerous other possible solutions that you might deem more suitable.

It's called DNS and AFSDB-rr (or SRV-rr if you have the preferens).
Hopefully transarc will get the code from OpenAFS whenever that is
released and that someone fixes that problem.

Arla support AFSDB-rr:s.