samba compile prob.

Tom Vaughan tom at vaughan.to
Wed Aug 30 02:45:57 CEST 2000

Hans Insulander <hin at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan.to> writes:
>
> > Love <lha at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> > > The /right/ in the case is the transarc stds.h, and we are not really
> > > compaible with that yet (I think). Same things with kautils.h (that should
> > > be part of arla).
> > >
> > > If you are just looking for clear text authentication in samba agaist a
> > > ka-server, you can use the krb4 auth instead (since a kaserver includes a
> > > krb4 server).
> > >
> > > If you want to be able to read and write files in afs I think you'll need
> > > to patch samba for that so it does a setpag() where is appropriate. (I have
> > > such a think just haven't had the time to test the autoconf test with it).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > But, um, I'm a bit new to AFS. And somehow I find myself with a contract to
> > enable AFS support within Samba via arla. :) I take it this is still a
> > "work-in-progress"? Did the Samba folks use the Transarc stuff then? You
> > can, if you like, send me a patch or something of whatever you have and I
> > can try to get this to work. After all, I am getting paid for this. :)
>
> Try using the Kerberos support in Samba instead. Dont enable Afs support,
> that is. It may sound strange but it works excellently due to kafs library
> in kth-krb. It actually works better (IMO).

Thanks! I trust that this will work, but could you please explain to this
poor idiot why this will work? Only so that I can explain it to others. Is
there an idiot's guide to AFS out there somewhere? Something with block
diagrams? Perhaps though I'm just trying to take the easy way out, and
should just read the long version. :) Thanks again!

-Tom

--
Tom Vaughan <tom at vaughan dot to>