How bad is the linux bug, was (Fwd) arla 0.34.2

Stephen Adler adler at ssadler.phy.bnl.gov
Sun Aug 20 14:47:58 CEST 2000

I'm glad to see the .se team working hard on keeping arla moving
forward. My question to you guys is, how bad is the linux bug?
Should I try to install arla 0.34.2 on my linux machines? They
seem to be happy campers runing 0.33.1. (I have one machine
running 0.34.1 with a hacked roken library...)

Another note, regarding the hacked roken library. I'm runing
pinstripe, the beta release of redhat 7.0. It looks like the
red hat folk are pushing forward (yet again) with glibc 2.2.
With this, va_args has been changed. Love tells me he has fixed
this in the latest CVS checked in version of roken, which it
is. (I've tested it.) But when I complie 0.34.2, I still get the
same compilation errors due to the va_args change to glibc 2.2.
I take it you guys are going to release arla sometime with the
new roken library? Any comments on this?

Cheers. Steve.

--- Forwarded mail from Magnus Ahltorp <map at stacken.kth.se>