0.34.1 klog won't work?

Stephen Adler adler at ssadler.phy.bnl.gov
Sun Aug 20 14:31:34 CEST 2000

The Can't send requst (send_to_kdc) I blieves comes from the fact
that your Cell is not in the krb.conf or krb.realm file. My sell
is "rhic". I've got the following entries in /etc/krb.conf

RHIC rafs01.rcf.bnl.gov admin server
RHIC rafs02.rcf.bnl.gov
RHIC rafs03.rcf.bnl.gov

I also have the following rhic entries in krb.realms

rhic            RHIC
.rhic           RHIC
.rhic.bnl.gov   RHIC
.rcf    RHIC
.rcf.bnl.gov    RHIC
.rcf.bnl.local  RHIC
.usatlas        RHIC
.usatlas.bnl.gov        RHIC

Now I really don't know these are related but can guss that if you
are trying to authenticat in the rhic cell, then the /etc/krb.conf
file needs to know what ip address to send its authetiation request
to. And if you are reading or writing to a filedirectory in the
rhic cell, it needs to know what directory nodes those are. (thus
the /etc/krb.realms file.) I'm what I just wrote is just a deduction
from what the contents of those files have. I have not read any
documentaion which back this up. So take the info for what its worth.

Cheers. Steve.