Narrowing down the problem

maydin@us.ibm.com maydin at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 7 22:47:37 CEST 2000

Harald Barth <haba at pdc.kth.se>@stacken.kth.se on 08/07/2000 07:32:57 AM

Sent by:  owner-arla-drinkers at stacken.kth.se

To:   Mahir Aydin/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
cc:   arla-drinkers at stacken.kth.se
Subject:  Narrowing down the problem

I tried that and unfortunately it did not work.  I got: the exact same
error message.
I also tried kauth but that does not work either.  Here is what I get,
which looks weird:
,/kauth -d
's Password: PD.POK.IBM.COM
depending on what I type next to ./kauth, the output changes like:
's Password: K.IBM.COM
I am assuming that kth-krb is not properly working on the S/390 although I
did not get any warnings during compile and install

This an unusual kerberos setup. Unusual setups make things more
complicated than necessary.

My guess according your info in krb5.conf is:

/etc/krb.conf should start with

APD.POK.IBM.COM
APD.POK.IBM.COM          pafsdb1.pok.ibm.com:88

I hope :88 to change the port does work in /etc/krb.conf.

/etc/krb.realms should contain

.pok.ibm.com        APD.POK.IBM.COM

Test your krb4 setup with kauth -d from the kth-krb distribution.

Harald.