weirdo bug

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Mon Apr 3 14:21:11 CEST 2000

sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:
> No, the problem's still there.
>
> This seems related to mmap somehow: My co-workers sees this with
> install, I see it with XEmacs's unexelf.c, both of which use mmap to
> write the output files.

This is weird.  When I try dumping in Emacs 20.6, it works all right
without the patch and when I verify the file by reading it from
another client it's totally correct.  Could it be that XEmacs does
dumping somewhat differently?  If you can find out a trace of the
system calls taking place when doing this, that would help.

/assar