Compile errors on 0.27 and libgetcwd

Chris Wing wingc at engin.umich.edu
Sat Sep 18 19:23:57 CEST 1999

Jack:

FYI, I have a patch to libc5 that adds the getcwd() syscall so that you
don't have to use libgetcwd to make things work. I had to write it because
although we are using the latest Red Hat w/glibc2.1, we needed to make
some commercial Linux applications run which are still only available for
libc5.

I'll send it to you if you're interested.

As several others have pointed out, glibc2.0 is no good with Arla for the
same reason... if at all possible you should use glibc2.1. (The glibc in
Red Hat 6.0 is nice enough to work with both glibc2.0 and glibc2.1 apps
and uses the getcwd() syscall in both cases)

-Chris Wing
wingc at engin.umich.edu