Compile errors on 0.27 and libgetcwd

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Fri Sep 17 23:34:50 CEST 1999

> > The glibc 2.1 there should be no problem to use the system w/o a libgetcwd
> > in you.
>
> Well, I guess I DO have conflicting libs.  I'm running Slackware 4.0 which
> is libc5 based but has glibc2.0.7 compatiblity.  Arla was compiled with
> libc5 and all the programs that I am having this problem with are glibc
> linked.
>
> I guess there's not an easy way around this.  I can link it to glibc but
> I'd rather not.

glibc 2.0.7 will not work better, I'm afraid. glibc 2.1 works without
libgetcwd.so, though. I have run into the same problem as you have
when using libgetcwd.so, especially with netscape. I don't think it's
our fault, though, since libgetcwd.so is very small, I think it's a
bug in the dynamic loader.

We're working on a solution that won't require libgetcwd.so even for
older libc:s, but don't hold your breath. My recommendation is to
upgrade to the newest glibc for the whole system, but maybe you have
other programs that will stop working then.

> > > klog.o: In function `get_afs_token':
> > > /root/arla-0.27/appl/klog.c:310: undefined reference to `krb_afslog_uid'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > What version of Kerberos/kafs are you using ?
> >

> I'm running krb4.  eBones 0.9.6.  Never had any problems with it before.

If you mean kth-krb 0.9.6, I'd recommend an upgrade to kth-krb 0.10.1,
since that version has some things that's critical if you want to run
arla.

/Magnus