Odd bug in arla-0.27 on linux (i386) 2.2.12

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 3 16:21:34 CEST 1999

Here is an odd problem:

avl 14:52:12 > cat /usr/arla/etc/ThisCell
mcc.ac.gb
avl 14:52:50 > cat /etc/krb.realms
mcc.ac.gb       MCC.AC.GB
.mcc.ac.gb      MCC.AC.GB
avl 15:19:30 > vos exa user.zlsiial
Can't get a ticket for realm MCC.AC.UK: No ticket file (tf_util)
user.zlsiial                     536871027 RW   106303 K  On-line
    rock.mcc.ac.uk /vicepd

The cell is named mcc.ac.gb because we were supposed to change
all of our DNS registrations years ago, and never did.  There
should be nothing to tell arla that the cell or realm is or
should be mcc.ac.uk, but still it seems to try to look at that
cell.  Why?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk