AFS-aware tcpdump patches now available

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul at umr.edu
Wed Oct 20 16:00:50 CEST 1999

I've taken Ken's patches and rewritten them as patches to ethereal. I've
also added a small amount of additional decoding. More can be added by
anyone - just take a look at the rx definitions in the Arla source code.
(Although they don't always seem to match up to the packet contents... I
don't completely understand the rx source's workings.)

I haven't submitted the patch to be added to the ethereal source yet, but
will be doing so probably later today.

	http://ethereal.zing.org/

Ethereal is a Gtk+ based network analyzer with a UI similar to
sniffer/etherpeek/etc.

The afs support will need more work to decode more of the packet contents,
but just right now they provide a tremendous amount of information that was
previously not easy to get at. (They should give you at least all the
information that Ken's tcpdump patch does.)

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul at umr.edu