milko

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Oct 10 23:16:06 CEST 1999

Scott Smith <scott at lackluster.net> writes:

> No, I still get the message
>
> Oct 10 01:24:21 kremlin arla[318]: Cannot find the root volume (root.afs)
> in cell lackluster.net

Strange, did you remember to add it the the vldb with vos createentry ?

> I can list it via sked vollist /vicepa but vos listvldb gives me

Sked just list volumes on the disk. It never tries to find it in the vldb.
Its like of like transarc's volinfo (but the the ability to list nodes,
list directories, create volumes, etc).

In next release of milko there will be a volumeserver integrated with the
fileserver. Magnus has written one, we should just make sure it works.

> vos: listvldb: VL_ListEntry: VL - No permission access.

VL_ListEntry isn't implemented yet. Try vos exa root.cell.

No permission sometimes means that it's not implemeted yet. Read
the source to figure out what is happening when you get it.

> /usr/arla/etc/superuserlist has
> scott.admin

You should have scott.admin at LACKLUSTER.NET in there. But scott.admin alone
should work.