Arla-0.27 and redhat-6.0

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 18:29:07 CET 1999

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 11:35:14AM +0100, Kurt Langenbacher wrote:
> I have a redhat6.0 System, Kernel 2.2.5-22 and I have installed
> Arla-0.27 and krb4.0.10-1.

I'd recommend 0.28 over 0.27; it has some irritating quirks, but
seems slightly more reliable, a very solid release.

> Arla-0.27 and krb4.0.10-1. AFS is working fine, but when I want to
> authentify I get the following error message:
> klog ragast
> ragast at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de's Password:
> Cannot find host  ra-afs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
> klog: Could not connect to dbserver  ra-afs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
> klog: Could not connect to any dbserver
> klog: Couldn't get AFS ID for ragast at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
>
> klog ragast -servers ra-afs
> works

First, do you have ThisCell set up in /usr/arla/etc?  Note that some
of the kth kerberos stuff has the path /usr/arla hardcoded into it,
so you need at least a symlink to arla from /usr.

Next, do you have /etc/krb.conf and /etc/krb.realms set up?  Both
klog and pts refer to and rely on these files.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk