got data w/o token

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Nov 23 10:49:35 CET 1999

"M. Sievers" <sieversm at mail.desy.de> writes:

> I often get:
>
>  XFS SoftAssert: xfs_message_installattr: got data w/o token!
> and even
>  Panic: xfs_message_installattr: got token w/o data!

The problem is that arlad installs a node with the token that promices
that the node has data install, but there is not data (and vice versa).
The paranoia code detects this, corrects it and prints a warning.

It could be a serious bug, but it seams to cause no harm. On Linux (and
probably all other platforms) the 19991105 have the same problem, but it
shows up as "Panic: readpage on NULL cache file.". On 0.27 i causes a
Ooops in xfs_readpage.

The message was inserted there to be able to trace from where we got
the broken token. Thanks for reporting, now we might find it.