Failures with arla-0.23

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Thu May 13 14:47:26 CEST 1999

I've been having some difficulties with arla-0.23 (on libc6 Linux
systems running various 2.2 kernels) getting into an odd state
in which attempts to access files in /afs more or less always hang
after arla has been active for a day or so.  It can be fixed by
killing arlad, unmounting /afs, rmmoding xfs, and restarting arla.
Has anyone else seen this sort of problem?  I recall some messages
that seemed similar a few weeks ago; it would be nice if this
problem is fixed in 0.24 when it comes out.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk