arla on NeXTSTEP3.3/Intel

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Tue May 11 14:41:03 CEST 1999

Helmut Heller <Helmut.Heller at lrz-muenchen.de> writes:
> Well, as a matter of fact, I *do* have a working X11 (this is
> available as shareware), but my X11 does not have
> IceConnectionNumber() and other symbols, so the linking fails. So this
> is a more local thing, nothing to include in a general config file.

But we never call IceConnectionNumber so I don't see why it should
matter.  So, does configure thinks you have X11, right?  What does
fail then when building amon?

> > Ah, you don't have a getcwd?  Added that to acconfig.h.
> Well, I do have one, but only under POSIX. From the man page:

Which probably means that it'll be found now that we give -posix to cc.

> > > #define HAVE_SSIZE_T 1
> >
> > And configure doesn't find ssize_t.  Do you have such a type?

configure should test for ssize_t and if it doesn't exist it should
define it to int.  Can you find out why this is not working?

> I am willing to give the kernel stuff a try, but I will start from
> your newest, fresh sources (including the above changes). Did you put
> them up for downloading already? Where?

Not yet, but there will be a 0.24 soon.

/assar