Problems on SPARC Solaris 2.6

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at mindwarp.smart.net
Thu Mar 4 01:53:02 CET 1999

First, a build problem:
xfs/solaris/xfs the directory conflicts with the module that it's
trying to create.  I got around that by changing MOD = xfs
in the Makefile to MOD = xfs_module  and then renaming the file later.

Second, although I can list individual directories, i.e.
  ls -ld /afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp
I can't list the _contents_ of a directory.  When I try to, I get error
message (on the screen itself, not even on the console window) that look
like:

XFS PANIC Warning: xfs_message_installdata failed to lookup cache file = @003,
error = 6
xfs_message_receive opcode = 1
xfs_message_wakeup
xfs_devwrite error = 0
xfs_message_rpc after sleep
xfs_message_rpc opcode = 12
messageq = f5ac05b4, next = f5ac05b8first: 12:40
xfs_message_rpc before sleep
xfs_devselect dev = 39583744, events = 64, anyyet = 0
xfs_devread dev = 39584744
xfs_devwrite dev = 39583744
xfs_message_receive opcode = 9
xfs_message_installdata
xfs_node_find
cache_name = '@003'

Using gcc version 2.7.2.1.f.1 (includes f77 and gnat support), with
current private include files (e.g. fixincludes has been run, albeit
perhaps some kernel include files in the gcc private copy _might_
be out of date due to kernel patches.  Current kernel patch is 105181-11.

--
ftp> get |fortune
377 I/O error: smart remark generator failed

Bogonics: the primary language inside the Beltway

mailto:rlhamil at mindwarp.smart.net  http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil