forwarding tokens to other machines

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber at lrz-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 30 18:22:43 CEST 1999

Has anybody a small program which reads AFS token from stdin, writes AFS
token into token cache and works under arla? I need this program to
forward an AFS token which a user has on my interactive machines to the
machine where his batch job will run.
We are using SuSE Linux 6.0, kernel 2.2.3 together with CODINE 4.2 on
our Linux batch cluster and the AFS support of CODINE relies on the
official AFS client from IBM (Transarc) ans doesn´t work with arla.
However on the other side it turned out that the AFS kernel module
cannot be loaded on my SMP machines and the only answer I got from IBM
was:

"Hello Herbert,

Unfortunately, although Linux is an open source product and there are
different vendors that provide Linux, we had decided to support only
Red Hat Linux.

> Can you please tell us the complete list of requisites for your AFS
> client, for example which glibc version, which other libraries,
> etc...?

The requirements are the following:

- Red Hat 5.2 Linux (kernel version 2.2.2 and 2.2.3)
- Red Hat 6.0 Linux (kernel version 2.2.5-15)

If you choose to run something other that what is stated above, that
would be and unsupported system and you would need to experiment to
determine what would work. Unfortunately, you would be doing so
without our support."

So I´m stuck with this at the moment. Any help will be welcomed.

/Herbert

PS: The reaction of IBM is in my opinion absolutely not acceptable. I
therefore prefer to use arla which is yet not as stable as the official
client but will improve for shure.