User level permissions

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Tue Jun 29 04:45:20 CEST 1999

Tim Yardley <yardley at ncsa.uiuc.edu> writes:
> Yeah, well... NCSA is in somewhat of a sticky situation.  We have our own
> series of patches to kerberos (Ken Hornstein works closely with us).  We
> also have a screwy configuration for our afs cell/kerberos cell.
> Basically, they are not the same name.  Our kerberos realm is ncsa.edu and
> our afs cell is ncsa.uiuc.edu.  Needless to say, this causes problems...
> including the inability to authenticate out of the box with the krb4-0.9.9
> stuff.

With the trick that Johan Ihrén posted here I think everything should
just work.

> Needless to say, my site mainly runs transarc clients... however, we are
> looking at other alternatives such as arla for OS's that are not
> supported by transarc/ibm.  Needless to say, a necessity is
> authentication... so it would be nice if we could get it working.  I
> imagine I could hack together a "working" klog... but I would also have to
> do an aklog (for automation reasons).  Grr.. more work. :/

As you have seen around here, we'll probably add the kauth-wrapper
script for klog if it's command-line compatability that you're
interested it.  As regards to your configuration not working as is
with stock krb4-0.9.9, talk to me and Johan offline if that's still
the case and we'll sort it out.

/assar