klog-clone

allbery@kf8nh.apk.net allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Tue Jun 29 00:20:42 CEST 1999

On 28 Jun, Chris Wing wrote:
+-----
|  > Yes, I´m also very interested in a clone of Transarcs klog, because
|  > AFS user authentification and token generation with PAM relies on this
|  > binary.
|
|  You don't need klog to do PAM authentication if you use the PAM module I
|  wrote:
|
|  http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/pam_kafs.html
+--->8

Derrick Brashear also has pam_krb4 and pam_afstok modules (the latter
requires libkafs or KTH-Krb) at ftp://ftp.dementia.org/pub/pam.

HOWEVER:  for those outside the U.S., including Herbert, I suspect both
Derrick's and your archives aren't legally supposed to provide access
to those modules.  That's why pam_linux_afs was originally written (by
someone at TU Tuebingen IIRC).  The pam_krb4 module in KTH-Krb is a
reasonable alternative for those willing to use KTH-Krb, but if you
have to coexist with a different Kerberos implementation you're stuck
with pam_linux_afs.

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH