Two problems with arla 0.25

Rainer Schoepf schoepf at uni-mainz.de
Fri Jun 25 14:46:21 CEST 1999

Assar Westerlund writes:

 > Thanks for taking the time to isolate this problem.  I have
 > constructed a test case for this problem and it seems like the
 > following set of patches solves it.  Can you try if they work for you
 > too?

Thanks for the patches, they seem to solve the problem. My test case
works.

I ran into antoher problem on the same architecture (Solaris 7/x86)
which is fortunately quite easy to reproduce: I log in as root, then
do

 kauth schoepf

This works, I can then access all my files in AFS. If I now create a
file, it has owner root, not schoepf, and it is not possible to append
something:

bash-2.02# echo xxx >test
bash-2.02# ls -l test
-rw-r--r--   1 root     software       4 Jun 25 14:43 test
bash-2.02# cat yyy >>test
cat: cannot open yyy

However, on another machine running Transarc AFS I see:

$ ls -l test
----------   1 root     software        4 Jun 25 14:43 test
schoepf at perdita(618)$

Let me know if you need more information, I will then send xfs and
arlad logs.

Thanks for your work
Rainer Schöpf